Saturday, December 21, 2013
An excellent writing week
I’ve had an excellent writing week, holed up in our shack/bach, no wireless, a flock of black swans for company and inspiration.
I’ve got my head back into the emerging 10 years on research project, which I’ve not been able to engage since Dad died. I’ve written three frames for analysing various aspects of the data. I’ve now got four almost complete chapters, with good work on another three. I’ve now written 40,000 words in relation to the 20 UK interviews.
Key moments this week included
- Finding a way to link the local stories with the recent World Council of Churches statement on mission and evangelism
- Finding five layers of church in Philippians
- Framing the local stories around images of God, patterns of growth, understandings of mission
- Realising again how rich the data set is
- Loving the humanity of each fresh expression story – like the moment when one community moved the photo of Rowan Williams to make way for their data projector screen!
It feels like a book.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.