Friday, December 04, 2009
first day in the new office
clean and fresh
and in the new office, I met with people to
- plan Opawa’s first ever local community Christmas lunch and how to offer it with dignity
- brainstorm about the future of the Gathering, our local mission initiative birthed this year
- collected names in order to write thankyou cards to our voluntary leaders who serve our youth and kids (currently stands at 22 volunteers, which is pretty outstanding really)
I like that. Buildings for planning mission.
With the offices done, the builders have now started on the foyer renovations and kitchen/cafe area. In a few months, meetings could well be about
- the cafe opening to the community
- launching the Economic Development Fund encouraging local micro-business initiatives as part of community development
- providing food for “Learning days”, like Job Interview Skills; Gardening Skills; Sensemaking Faith; Budgeting; TradeMe; Culturemakers Reading Group; How to Read the Bible.
All very encouraging. Despite the Taylor’s imminent departure, all around the place I see people stepping into leadership, saying yes to a new season and preparing themselves for a new year with missionality (new word I’m coining meaning mission + intentionality).
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.