Monday, September 19, 2016
New Mission Seedlings: 1/5th of what I’m currently working on
This pictures expresses 1/5th of the KCML Strategic plan. It is shaped by one insight: that the best place to train for mission is on mission.
To quote Andrew Norton, Moderator of the PCANZ, “The Presbyterian Church Of Aotearoa is at a very critical time and desperately needs the development of leadership at every level in the church and more particularly in the creation of new and innovative forms of ministry in our changing times – we can not continue business as usual.”
KCML is thus looking to work in collaboration with a range of partners across New Zealand to establish New Mission Seedlings as places to learn in mission. This involves training leaders by engaging in local mission in order to attend to national priorities.
The strategic priority of New Mission Seedlings has been shaped by
- KCML team retreats in December and March
- external input from key stakeholders within the Presbyterian Church
- discussion of drafts with Assembly Executive Secretary, KCML Advisory Board, Leadership Sub-committee, Presbyterian Development Society, a joint Leadership Sub-committee/PressGo/KCML working group, Northern Presbytery Council
- pieces with Pacific leaders, Central and Alpine Presbytery, South Island Ministers, 150th Synod, Press Go Board
- the 5 parts of the KCML strategic plan were “strongly endorsed” by Leadership Sub-committee in May
- “enthusiastically endorsed” by Council of Assembly in June
- received with excitement by Synod of Otago and Southland executive in July
Last week I reduced the pages of written documentation and powerpoint slides to one picture. That’s part of what I’ve been working on recently.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.